Friday, January 13, 2006

Just a Little Bit of Poetry...

Though the Christmas season is somewhat behind us, here is a little poem (of sorts) that may spark a sweet remembrance of holiday bliss...

"Swaddling Clothes"

With what words can I weave a
song-cloak fitting for your Grace?
To grasp the stars and fling them
feebly across the vast night-scape;
To crown your dome with the
Brilliant splendor that guides the wise,
And set the pearled orb beneath your feet -
Might be fair clothing for a Daughter of a King.
Or, perhaps the sun himself will suit
Your glory best - as he doth
Blind and bless all on whom he gazes
With the dawn's light livery of hope -
Whose beauty alone is known by what it shows,
And not in being shown.
What can I offer, dear Lady? For my
Words are soft and simple, and are
Too small to warm the littlest creature,
Much less the Mother of a King.

Therefore, with humble heart, I'll rend my words
And offer every one up to your pleasure -
For your sweet eye doth look upon my song
And fills it with a warmth beyond all measure.
Thus, grace, honor, praise become your hem,
And you make haste to clothe your Son with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home