Tuesday, February 28, 2006

You Asked For It: The Seven Things...

Keep in mind that this was most charitably written in the midst of a pre-comprehensive exam stupor...Each point is like a light in the fog.


Seven things to do before I die:

1. Finish comps
2. Read the entire Chestertonian Compendium
3. Write a novel that will remind people how great they are
4. Learn how to drive stick-shift
5. Go on a real Pilgrimage
6. Send my folks on a European tour
7. Receive Last Rites

Seven things I cannot do:

1. Leave any detail well-enough alone
2. Curse the sunshine
3. Read Greek
4. Hear Confessions
5. Perform rudimentary Calculus problems
6. Fly
7. Dream in Middle English

Seven things that attract me to my other half (following Whiskey's lead):

1. It matches.
2. Without it, I wouldn't be made in the image of God.
3. It makes buying a 'pair' of jeans a sensible thing to do.
4. It keeps me balanced.
5. It prevents me from getting any half-brained ideas (most of the time).
6. It likes to play games (ie. the right hand not letting the left hand know what it's doing).
7. I couldn't live without it.

Seven things I say:

1. Goodness!
2. Just let it fester for awhile.
3. Indeed!
4. That's great!
5. Nonsense!
6. Hi folks!
7. Y'all (this one was acquired)

Seven books that I love:

1. Brothers Karamozov - Dostoyevsky
2. Pride and Prejudice - Austen
3. Everlasting Man - G.K.C.
4. LOTR - Tolkien
5. David Copperfield/Pickwick Papers - Dickens
6. The Complete Works of William Shakespeare
7. Bible - God

Seven movies that I love:

1. The Quiet Man
2. Pride & Prejudice (AE version)
3. Henry V
4. The Sound of Music
5. LOTR...yes, yes, I know..
6. The Incredibles
7. You Can't Take it With You (Jimmy Stewart flick)

Seven folks to Meme:
I think I'm all out of bloggers...

3 Comments:

At 3/01/2006 11:32 AM, Blogger lord_sebastian_flyte said...

No need to be ashamed about the LOTR movies--they are probably as close as anyone could get to making them the right way (meaning, the sort of person who could make them just right literarily and theologically probably couldn't raise the money, get the actors, and create all the scenery the way Jackson did).

 
At 3/02/2006 5:45 PM, Blogger Whiskey said...

The real reason for the disclaimer was that Flannery gets very heated in her condemnation of them -- something about staving her off at the pass.

 
At 3/05/2006 2:53 PM, Blogger Flannery said...

Hey, not fair. I exercise rigid self-control with regard to those movies, and never say more than 1% of what I think about them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home