Thursday, February 16, 2006

Brainstorm...


A couple of weeks ago, a friend & neighbor of mine (we'll call her R.C. for now) expressed a wish to join the prestigious world of blogging, but would not start a blog until she found a suitable Title and Screen name. At a recent brunch, she had asked some of us to brainstorm a little and think of some ideas to submit as possible appellations. As of yet, she hasn't received any submissions, and I was hoping to create a list for her here. I've got an idea or two, which I will put forth in the comments section to get us started - feel free to throw in any flashes of brilliance that strike your fancy. Hopefully, she will be able to join us soon!

6 Comments:

At 2/16/2006 8:03 AM, Blogger M' Lady's Topsail said...

Title: The Hatbox
Screen Name: Ladybird

or

Title: The Flowers of St. Francis
Screen Name: Troubadour

 
At 2/16/2006 8:32 PM, Blogger Flannery said...

I really like the screen name Ladybird. I have no ideas, other than a desire to see the adjective "well-knit" used. Or (for a subtitle, and just to bulk up the list so that R.C. doesn't feel neglected) "Who is the craftiest of them all?"

 
At 2/16/2006 8:33 PM, Blogger Sapientiae Amator said...

I like the screen name "Ladybird," but how about the title "Tuppence a Bag"? (Or "twopence," for extra authenticity).

Or, from Mrs. S.A. (i.e. Sapientiae Amatrix), "Birds of a Feather," or "Life is an Ongoing Work of Art." She also likes "Ladybird."

 
At 2/17/2006 8:21 AM, Blogger lord_sebastian_flyte said...

I think I'm agreed on Ladybird for a cognomen: somehow that fits Miss R.C. in some metaphorical sense. As for the blognomen, I like S.A.'s "Tuppence a Bag" (with that spelling) and Flannery's subtitle would throw in a much-needed air of mystery . . .

 
At 2/17/2006 9:29 AM, Blogger M' Lady's Topsail said...

Thanks, guys! These ideas are great! If you think of anything else, let me know! :)

 
At 2/18/2006 4:08 PM, Blogger Mrs. Bear said...

+
I know the person of whom you speak, and I can't think of a blog name cool enough. The best that comes to mind is "Studio Sancta", but I know that's totally improper Latin. I wanted to get across the whole "studio for art" idea, meshed with the holiness aspect. If you take the root for studio back to the Latin, there's also the neat aspect of "eager" and "studying", as in "eager for holiness" or "studying holiness".

I don't know, maybe the improper Latin is okay...it's kind of "Lat-English" (like "Spanglish", lol).

Everyone seems to like "Ladybird" as a screen name; I can't think of anything better.

I wish there were some way to work "collage" in there, but alas I can't think of any.

God bless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home